One of the reasons I founded Augur is because I believe too many agencies take really talented people and completely waste their time.
They squeeze them dry on hopeless, demanding clients, shackled to ancient inefficient processes and force them to crawl across coals just to be rewarded fairly.
We can do better.
Augur is growing and we are looking for the people who will become new cornerstones of what we build.
We believe the people who make agencies thrive are the hard workers that short-circuit bureaucracy and prioritise ruthlessly to make things that matter happen.
We don’t believe everyone has to be a jack-of-all-trades. We believe there is one core unit of success in this business: getting shit done. If you get that right, you can involve your specialism alongside it, whether that’s data, creating material, delighting clients, or anything else.
Benefits of working at Augur include:
- Unlimited R&R days
- Quarterly bonus scheme
- Company iPhone and MacBook
- Gym contribution
- Mobile working kit
- “virtual share” scheme — the longer you are here, the more you benefit.
Here’s what we’re looking for — but, if these ideas resonate with you, we should talk anyway, regardless of everything below.
This is the primary unit of Augur. Our Strategists make things happen.
If you have a few years of experience and are looking for an environment where everything is designed around delivering strategy, measuring it effectively and iterating on it for clients, this is for you.
- Campaign management and execution
- Campaign iteration: suggesting strategic, creative campaigns that grow the business
- Development of skills inc. attention to detail and refining systems
- Market awareness, including new channels and industry trends
This is a sketch. If you think it sounds interesting, fill in the blanks for us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s have a coffee to improve it together.
Incubation and Acceleration
The focus of our Incubation programme is similar to the startup world: We invite intern-level individuals to pitch us an idea for a project to work on across 3 – 6 months. We will then commission the best ideas, and support them to achieve it, while they learn about how we work.
The project should relate roughly to areas where our interests overlap — for example:
- Delving into Google Analytics, measurement and evaluation in excruciating detail
- Writing every single day, including regular features ideas that will help them learn about our industry
- A video project that gets under the skin of our clients’ challenges and produces an episode a week
They will have to justify this endeavour against their wages, building in a mindset that is aware of the value of work, against the effort put in.
If they thrive in this unique opportunity, we will move their project into Acceleration, providing more resources or learning from it to integrate it into Augur’s processes.
This project is an experiment, and will be driven by the success of the first participants.
To take part, contact email@example.com and tell us how you would use the time.